***This class will take place in Lawrence, KS at 147 Pinetree Townhomes***
Exploring Yoruba designing using all design elements on cloth using freehand and imprinting stamps collected from textile countries in batik and adire/shibori techniques. The workshop offers multicolor dyes baths for all natural textiles, as well as immersing our textiles in indigo, the international color honoring ancestry. The workshop offers the participant a cotton panel to explore Arianne’s Yoruba design practices.The participants can then experiment with their personal natural textile: cotton, silk, rayon, hemp, linen etc for larger explorations.
Batik/Indigo Workshop - Arianna King Comer
Date & Time
Saturday, July 20th, 9am-3pm
Arianna King Comer
Student Supply List
paraffin (and or beeswax)
cloth for explorations
Instructor Will Supply
- 6-8 batik pans for 4 participants per pan to share
- International imprinting stamps
- Dyes for cotton, silk and all natural fibers.
- Form rubber that I chisel for the participants as needed
- Yoruba cones for batiking